The High School Core Curriculum
Also part of the SMS core curriculum are, music, art, drama. SMS art, music and drama programs promote student personal development through the experience of beauty in the fine arts.
- Math – Geometry, Algebra, Pre-calculus, Calculus
- Latin – Latin I (Grammar) Latin II (Caesar), Latin III (Cicero) Latin IV (Virgil)
- Science – Natural Philosophy (Earth Science), Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Literature – Ancient, Medieval, American, Modern
- Religion – Church History, Fundamentals of Catholicism I, Fund. of Cath. II. Fund. of Cath. III
- History – Ancient, Medieval, American, Modern
- Composition – Comp. I (Grammar, Usage, Mechanics) Comp. II (Elements of Composition.) Comp. III (Advanced Composition) Comp. IV (Elements of Style)
- Senior Thesis – Independent research, writing, presentation and defense
- Physical Education – Calisthenics/Crossfit based physical fitness
The High School Co-Curriculum
Complementing the SMS core curriculum is the co-curriculum. Here are activities and initiatives that run alongside the academic core and support the foundation laid in the core curriculum. Recognizing the capacity of team sports to promote the moral and physical virtues, SMS pursues excellence through its basketball and soccer programs. Complementary academic electives in the core subjects allow students to delve more deeply into particular areas addressed in the core curriculum.
The High School Extra-Curriculum
The extra curriculum provides opportunities for students to gather socially, participate in wholesome activities and cultivate friendships. SMS Saturday Nights allows students a venue to play board games, watch and discuss critically acclaimed films, recite poetry, perform skits and showcase personal talents. The SMS apostolate Disciples of Christ provides opportunities for the students to practice the corporeal and spiritual works of mercy. SMS Internships provide students opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our internship program allows SMS juniors and seniors to experiment with different career choices while still in school, identify talents and interests, and begin their professional networking.
Enjoy this new edition of The Hark!read more
Read all the news in the Back-to-School Editionread more
Uniform Dress Code Kindergarten-8th grade Saint Michael School Uniform Philosophy –The use of uniforms has several significant benefits. They promote the mindset that school is a special place with special expectations. Uniforms help to develop and enhance school...read more